An Update Regarding COVID-19
We hope you and your family are in good health. While our community has been through a lot over the last few months and many things have changed, one thing remains the same: Our commitment to you and your safety.
During this time, we have added some additional measures to keep our patients and dental team members as safe as possible during your dental appointment experience in response to COVID-19. Please know that our office has always strictly followed infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). Due to New Protocols that Must be met in order for our office to open during this crisis; as well as, to provide adequate protection for each and every patients visit we will be charging a minimal fee of $15.00 for each appointment.
Increased Patient Safety Measures
- Use of N95 respirator mask, disposable gowns, and face shields; doctors and staff have been trained on proper wear of this new PPE.
- Extensive training for doctors and staff on new protocols and procedures in response to the pandemic.
- Every person who enters our office including doctors, staff and patients are screened and temperatures taken to ensure we limit exposure to any risk factors for COVID-19.
- All of our treatment chairs are 6 feet apart.
- Patient appointments will be staggered and there will be longer appointment times with a waiting period between appointments.
- Patients will be asked to call if they develop symptoms within 48 hours of their dental visit, to allow for contact tracing.
New Dental Appointment Flow
Please respect and adhere to the following enhanced health and safety protocols.
Prior to Your Scheduled Appointment:
- Please brush your teeth at home prior to coming to the office.
- Please bring a mask or face covering
- Please call to reschedule your appointment if you or anyone in your family has COVID-19 symptoms (see screening questions)
- We are trying to adhere to social distancing as much as possible and limit the number of people in the office. Young children may have one adult accompany them to their appointments, so please do not bring siblings, friends, or relatives unless they are safe and comfortable waiting in the car with your windows open. Adolescent and adult patients are asked to enter the office by themselves.
UPON YOUR ARRIVAL AT THE OFFICE:
- Our reception area is closed. Please call our Office and Wait in your car or outside the office building. When your dental treatment chair is ready we will call or text you to approach the screening area. Patients less than 18-years-old should be accompanied by an adult to the screening area to sign informed consent documents.
- Please approach our building wearing a mask or face covering. Take the elevator to the 2nd Floor.
- A team member will great you upon entering our office. We will provide you with had sanitizer to clean your hands. We will then take your temperature and screen for COVID-19 symptoms prior to entering the back office (see screening questions Form). Patients showing signs of a fever or other symptoms of illness will be asked to reschedule their appointments.
- Patients (or accompanying adult) will be then be asked to sign a COVID-19 informed consent.
- Following this screening, the patient will be escorted by the dental assistant to the dental treatment chair. We strongly prefer patients enter the office by themselves to facilitate social distancing. If necessary, ONE parent/guardian/caretaker can accompany a patient.
- Dental Treatment rooms will be COMPLETELY disinfected before each patient is seated, and public areas including restrooms will be cleaned and sterilized frequently throughout the day.
- Our team will STRICTLY follow guidelines set forth by the CDC,ADA, and OSHA in regards to personal protective equipment (PPE) and office sterilization.
Checking Out After Your Appointment
- All patients will be escorted out of the treatment area by a dental assistant and reunited with parents/guardians/caretakers. Fees and payments will be collected at checkout.
We welcome any questions you have. Thank you for your support and patience during our closure. We look forward to welcoming you back as our patients, neighbors, and friends!